Head of Laboratory: Professor Maria Tziatzi (elected on 17.10.2018)
Vice Head of Laboratory: Assistant Professor Stergiani Chelidoni
Honorary President of Laboratory: Professor Dr. Dr. h.c. Hans Eideneier
The Laboratory was recently founded (Φ.Ε.Κ. 3559 τ. Β’/22.8.2018, Φ.Ε.Κ. 5004 τ. Β΄/31-12-2019) and its main aims are:
1. Promotion, support and encouragement of the study of and research into the Early Modern Greek literature a) in the field of scientific literary study and the analytic approach to literary and other texts (id. post-byzantine Greek texts under the Franc and Turkish rule, but also those of the Diaspora), as well as their literary versions, and b) in the field of the study of the language of the Early Modern Greek literary texts.
2. Public discussion of the results of the studies, further dissemination of the research findings to the scientific community and general public.
3. Development of an area for the exposure of the Early Modern Greek literature and various research trends and questions (old and new), which have established themselves and are developing in the particular area of the field of study.
The particular objectives of the Laboratory, among others, are the following:
• Provision for the teaching and study requirements of the Department of Greek Philology, as well as the departments that belong to the School of Classics and Humanities of the DUTH, at the undergraduate and graduate levels, with respect to subject matter of the Laboratory.
• Development of innovative research and teaching programs for undergraduate and graduate students and PhD candidates relevant to the Laboratory interests of study.
• Support, promotion and encouragement of the study of the Early Modern Greek literature from different scientific and cultural perspectives (historical, social, ethnographic, anthropological, philosophical, ideological, history of art, etc.)
• Design and implication of research projects and studies
• Organization of conferences, symposia, daily events, seminars, work meetings, lectures, training programs, educational programs, and other scientific events on topics relevant to the study field of the Laboratory, as well as invitations to Greek and foreign accomplished scientists and other public figures.